There’s a lot of confusion surrounding where Republican frontrunner Donald J Trump actually stands on the issues. In light of this, I’ve collected a few quotes to remind us who Trump really is, all in his own words. No media. No spinning. Just quotes.
Trump on Muslims
- “I love the Muslims!” (September 2015)
- “It is obvious to anybody the hatred [among Muslims] is beyond comprehension. Where this hatred comes from and why, we will have to determine. Until we are able to determine and understand this problem and the dangerous threat it poses, our country cannot be the victims of horrendous attacks by people that believe only in jihad, and have no sense of reason or respect for human life.” (December 2015)
Trump on Free Speech and the Internet
- “We have to go see Bill Gates and a lot of different people that really understand what’s happening. We have to talk to them about, maybe in certain areas, closing that Internet up in some way… Somebody will say, ‘Oh, freedom of speech, freedom of speech.’ These are foolish people.” (December 2015)
- “It’s a little bit sad when you can’t have a rally in a major city in this country… What ever happened to freedom of speech?” (March 2016)
Trump on Iowa
- “Iowa, we love you. We thank you. You’re special. We will be back many, many times. In fact, I think I might come here and buy a farm. I love it!” (February 2016)
- “How stupid are the people of Iowa?” (November 2015)
Trump on Mexicans
- “I have a great relationship with the Mexican people… They love me, I love them… And I’ll tell you something, if I get the nomination, I’ll win the Latino vote.” (July 2015)
- “When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.” (June 2015)
Trump on Hillary Clinton
- “Hillary is a smart, tough, and very nice person, and so is her husband.” (December 2012)
- “We call her ‘Crooked Hillary’ because she’s a crooked person. She’s always been a crooked person.” (April 2016)
Trump on Ted Cruz
- “I really do, I like Ted Cruz a lot. I would say that we would certainly have things in mind for Ted, to be honest with you.” (December 2015)
- “I don’t think Ted Cruz has a great chance, to be honest with you. Look, the truth is, he’s a nasty guy… Nobody likes him. Nobody in Congress likes him. Nobody likes him anywhere once they get to know him. He’s a very – he’s got an edge that’s not good. You can’t make deals with people like that and it’s not a good thing. It’s not a good thing for the country. Very nasty guy.” (January 2016)
Bonus Quote – Trump on Madonna:
- “Many people walked out on Madonna’s concert when she told them to vote for Obama. Years ago I walked out because the concert was terrible!” (@realDonald Trump, 10/29/2012)
Here’s a last one: “At some point, I’m going to be so presidential that you people will be so bored” (April 2016).
Forgive us Mr. Trump, but we don’t believe you. And God willing, we’ll never have to find out.